India Equities: Managing Risk

Friday, November 21, 2008

Volatility continues in the mid-80's...I put in a price of Rs 70 to cover my Nifty 2600 short calls...it would mean Nifty was below 2500..the market went below 2500 and the trade was executed.

Then the market started up... I gave an order to sell Nifty 2600 calls at Rs. 150. Amazingly, that also was executed.

Absolute madness in markets....I am now long Nifty at (2436 - 62 (profit on calls) )=2374.
And I am short Nov Nifty 2600 calls at Rs 150.

This volatility has to come down...every order into the market seems to be getting executed, on the upside and downside.



Subscribe to Lee's Dhaba by Email

2 Post Comments:

Anonymous said...

Well this is a nice dhaba!

So the nifty is going to tank further? Good calls

Lee said...

To IVS: Thanks for the feedback ..if you read my previous posts...fair value Nifty 2500 or so...expect months of up down moves...no hurry at all...Lee

Post a Comment

Add to Technorati Favorites

  © Blogger template Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP